The Vincent Price Art Museum became a collecting institution in 1957 when Vincent Price and his wife, Mary Grant Price, donated 90 artworks from their personal collection. This original donation included Mesoamerican, African, Native American, and European artworks; over the course of four decades, Vincent Price continued to give a total of about 2,000 pieces to VPAM. His generosity inspired many others: our collection has grown to more than 8,000 artworks from many time periods and many parts of the world. The collection includes works on paper, painting, and three-dimensional objects, all of which are housed on the campus.
A few of the artists represented in our far-ranging collection are Raúl Angiano, Don Bachardy, Rafael Coronel, Gronk, Rico LeBrun, Andre Miripolsky, Kate Steinitz, Patssi Valdez, Howard Warshaw, Charles White, and Milford Zornes.
There are currently three exhibitions drawn from our permanent collection on display. The Permanent Collection galleries are located on the third floor.